[Unique Solution From 10/Pg] Propose New Research
This week’s research design written application will focus on the ethical considerations involved in our proposed study. Your ethical review of your proposal should be 1-2 pages written. Please use the topic and your proposed research design to discuss the following:
- Participants – What population would you use in your proposed research design? How would participants be recruited? (*Please note, for certain research questions and methodologies in lieu of participants, data sets would be used. Please address the same question with the consideration of your inclusion/exclusion criteria and permission to use available data sets to propose new research).
- Procedures – What would your participants do during your study? Would they be subjected to any potential harm (physical or psychological) in participating?
- How would you obtain informed consent from your participants? Would deception be used to conduct your study? If so, what information is needed to obtain informed consent?
- Will participants receive an incentive for their participation? If so, how might that affect voluntary, informed consent?
- How would you secure data and participant confidentiality?
- How would you gain approval to conduct your study? What information might an Institutional Review Board (IRB) look for to give you clearance to conduct your study?