[Unique Solution From 10/Pg] Med Educational Administration Med
Each year principals are faced with budgetary changes. One of the toughest monetary changes to handle is the sudden notification of a reduction in funds. The following case study assignment will help to prepare you for this common occurrence.
For this assignment, suppose you are a principal who just learned that your school district’s override initiative failed. As a result, you have been notified that you must cut one teaching position and cut 10% from your site budget.
Using the full site budget you reviewed in the previous topic, prepare a 15-18 slide digital presentation that defends the budget in a transparent, ethical way.
Include the following in the presentation:
- The strategic planning and budget development processes used to create the budget
- Visuals of major budget components
- Justification of expenditures that include staff and technology resources. Demonstrate where the budget cuts will occur.
- Justification for the one teacher you have selected to release, or present an alternative solution
- How the plan promotes continual and sustainable school improvement and upholds the school vision/mission and the values of democracy, equity, and diversity
- How the plan efficiently uses human, fiscal, and technological resources to manage school operations
- How the plan proposes the mobilization of diverse community resources to support areas cut in the new budget
- How the plan advocates for student needs
- How the plan responds to current political initiatives and emerging trends
- How the school will monitor and evaluate the implementation of the plan, including the school management and operational systems
- Title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes
Support your presentation with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and PSEL standards should be referenced using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite Technical Support Articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MEd Educational Administration
MEd Educational Leadership
1.2: Collect and use data to assess organizational effectiveness and implement plans to achieve school goals. [ELCC 1.2; PSEL 1b; GCU Mission Critical 2, 5]
1.3: Promote continual and sustainable school improvement. [ELCC 1.3; PSEL 10a; GCU Mission Critical 2, 4]
4.2: Develop strategies to mobilize community resources by promoting an understanding, appreciation, and use of diverse cultural, social, and intellectual resources within the school community. [ELCC 4.2; NELP 5.2; PSEL 8f, 8j; GCU Mission Critical 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]