[Unique Solution From 10/Pg] “ Best Practices ”
Reflect upon and respond to the following:
1. Consider your readings from this unit that focused on strategies and practices for teaching writing and literature.
- Were any of the “best practices” new to you?
- Were any of the “best practices” familiar?
2. Choose one strategy you would like to incorporate into a future lesson for secondary learners.
- Explain why you are drawn to it.
please make your reflection real and personal with real class examples
1. Education – Literacy data. (2019, November). unicef. https://data.unicef.org/topic/education/literacy/#.
- Consider the data from this site, which explores literacy statistics around the world.
2. Improving adolescent literacy: Effective classroom and intervention practices. (2008). Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance. https://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/Docs/PracticeGuide/adlit_pg_082608.pdf.
- Read pages 11-36 of this document to better understand literacy best practices. To effectively teach literature and writing at the secondary level, we must first know what research says about best practice, as well as the process learners have been taught for reading before they enter our classroom.
3. Teaching secondary students to write effectively. (2016). Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance. https://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/Docs/PracticeGuide/wwc_secondary_writing_110116.pdf.
- Read pages 1-42 in this document to gain a better understanding of best practices in secondary classrooms, as well as today’s definitions of literacy. These studies will guide your understanding of an appropriate selection of texts and strategies in secondary educational contexts.