[Unique Solution From 10/Pg] 8 24 –
For this assessment, you will develop a Word document or an online resource repository of at least 12 annotated professional or scholarly resources that you consider critical for the audience of your safety improvement plan, pertaining to safe medication administration, to understand or implement to ensure the success of the plan.
Communication in the health care environment consists of an information-sharing experience whether through oral or written messages (Chard & Makary, 2015). As health care organizations and nurses strive to create a culture of safety and quality care, the importance of interprofessional collaboration, the development of tool kits, and the use of wikis become more relevant and vital. In addition to the dissemination of information and evidence-based findings and the development of tool kits, continuous support for and availability of such resources are critical. Among the most popular methods to promote ongoing dialogue and information sharing are blogs, wikis, websites, and social media. Nurses know how to support people in time of need or crisis and how to support one another in the workplace; wikis in particular enable nurses to continue that support beyond the work environment. Here they can be free to share their unique perspectives, educate others, and promote health care wellness at local and global levels (Kaminski, 2016).
You are encouraged to complete the Determining the Relevance and Usefulness of Resources activity prior to developing the repository. This activity will help you determine which resources or research will be most relevant to address a particular need. This may be useful as you consider how to explain the purpose and relevance of the resources you are assembling for your tool kit. The activity is for your own practice and self-assessment, and demonstrates course engagement.
- Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the elements of a successful quality improvement initiative.
- Analyze usefulness of resources for role group responsible for implementing quality and safety improvements with medication administration.
- Competency 2: Analyze factors that lead to patient safety risks.
- Analyze the value of resources to reduce patient safety risk or improve quality with medication administration.
- Competency 3: Identify organizational interventions to promote patient safety.
- Identify necessary resources to support the implementation and sustainability of a safety improvement initiative focusing on medication administration.
- Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly, evidence-based strategies to communicate in a manner that supports safe and effective patient care.
- Present reasons and relevant situations for resource tool kit to be used by its target audience.
- Communicate resource tool kit in a clear, logically structured, and professional manner that applies current APA style and formatting.
- Build on the work done in your first three assessments and create an online tool kit or resource repository that will help the audience of your in-service understand the research behind your safety improvement plan pertaining to medication administration and put the plan into action.
- Locate a safety improvement plan (your current organization, the Institution for Healthcare Improvement, or a publicly available safety improvement initiative) pertaining to medication administration and create an online tool kit or resource repository that will help an audience understand the research behind the safety improvement plan and how to put the plan into action.
- G Suite Learning Center. (n.d.). Get started with Sites. https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/sites/get-started/#!/
- Google. (n.d.). Sites. https://sites.google.com
- Google. (n.d.). Sites help. https://support.google.com/sites/?hl=en#topic=
- An APA-formatted citation of the resource with a working link.
- A description of the information, skills, or tools provided by the resource.
- A brief explanation of how the resource can help nurses better understand or implement the safety improvement initiative pertaining to medication administration.
- A description of how nurses can use this resource and when its use may be appropriate.
- Merret, A., Thomas, P., Stephens, A., Moghabghab, R., & Gruneir, M. (2011). A collaborative approach to fall prevention. Canadian Nurse, 107(8), 24–29. www.canadian-nurse.com/articles/issues/2011/october-2011/a-collaborative-ap
- This article presents the Geriatric Emergency Management-Falls Intervention Team (GEM-FIT) project. It shows how a collaborative nurse lead project can be implemented and used to improve collaboration and interdisciplinary teamwork, as well as improve the delivery of health care services. This resource is likely more useful to nurses as a resource for strategies and models for assembling and participating in an interdisciplinary team than for specific fall-prevention strategies. It is suggested that this resource be reviewed prior to creating an interdisciplinary team for a collaborative project in a health care setting.
- Identify necessary resources to support the implementation and continued sustainability of a safety improvement initiative pertaining to medication administration.
- Analyze the usefulness of resources to the role group responsible for implementing quality and safety improvements focusing on medication administration.
- Analyze the value of resources to reduce patient safety risk related to medication administration.
- Present reasons and relevant situations for use of resource tool kit by its target audience.
- Communicate in a clear, logically structured, and professional manner that applies current APA style and formatting.
- Assessment 4 Example [PDF].
APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style